Are you thinking about renovating your old apartment into something new? Well, we have gathered all the required information to start your redecoration project.
Today in this article, we have gathered the necessary tips and ideas for you to start your long-awaited plan for renovating your home. We guide you through the time taken and the cost involved while refurbishing your flat.
How to start your Apartment Renovation Project?
It is a hectic process to modernize your apartment or get your kitchen redecorated. First, you need to have the budget, and then you need to understand the time and work involved.
Below We Have Enlisted a few Tips Before Starting Your Refurbishing:
1. Have a Detailed Plan
Having a plan to is the most crucial factor in starting your project. One must be very clear what parts of the room you’ll be renovating before starting it.
2. Get Inspiration
Research the internet or ask for professional advice for the style you want. You can always check for photos of freshly renovated rooms on Pinterest.
3. Take Plenty of Time
Before setting off on your plan to redo your apartment, first make up your mind to allow plenty of time. The process, once started, may end up consuming a lot of time for which you should be already ready.
In this way, you can prevent unnecessary stress when the project moves slowly than expected.
How Much does an apartment Renovation Cost?
Cost of renovating a house or an apartment may vary depending on the size of the residence, the materials used, and the style of the new design.
As per some sources, minor refurbishing may cost you up to $20,000, but if you intend to redo it, then the expenses may go over $30,000.
Factors Affecting Home Renovations
- Size: Redesigning a full house is cheaper than just renovating a room. According to Renovation Junkies, the average renovation costs per metre ranges between $2,000 – $3,000.
- Materials: If you intend to use quality stuff in your house, then it will cost you more. However, using cheaper materials may hurt the long run.
- Level of Renovation: Cost may vary depending on the level of the renovation involved in your plan. Some refurbishing usually involves minor alterations while if your planning to change your apartment’s layout completely, then the expenses might be high.
- Location: The location of your house also affects the renovating cost. The area where you reside might have a higher or lower pay scale for renovators.
- Contractor: Different contractors in the same town or city may have varying costs and plans for your house. Although using a cheaper contractor would be cost-effective, it is always advisable to first check the contractor’s reputation and years of experience.
We have also enlisted the average cost involved in renovating different parts of your house, like:
- Bathroom = $15 – $200 per sq (Total cost :$10,000 – $35,000)
- Kitchen = $10,000 – $45,000
- Bedrooms = $2,000 – $35,000
- Living Room = 10,000 – $15,000
- Outdoors = $ 2,000 – $10,000
How Long Does an Apartment Renovation Take?
As per some sources, refurbishing a 500 sq ft apartment accommodated with one bedroom and a small living room takes about 2.5 weeks for two workers. While renovating an entire house should take about a year.
There is no exact saying as to what time it may take to complete an entire house, but that can be shortened by using more workers from the contractor. But there’s also a downfall to the process as the cost would be higher.
Small Apartment Renovation Cost and Duration
A small apartment can easily be renovated for the cost of $10,000 to $15,000.
The total cost and duration of redesigning an apartment depends on the extent of renovations and the materials used. Basic remodelling can take up less time and can be done within a short duration, while more substantial projects require bigger budgets and are time-consuming.
However, the time can be reduced by using more workers, but that would make the renovation more expensive.